Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Putting on Armor

So, I've finally gotten around to reading Epileptic by David B. And, while I'm not quite done with it yet, I also think that its probably one of the best comics I've ever read. Right up there with Watchmen, as far proof of what can really be accomplished with the Comic Book medium.

The problem I always have with book like this, or Maus, is that I presume that the depressing subject matter will overwelm any enlightenment or enjoyment I might take away from the book. But, again like Maus, that's not the case here. From the authors facination with Genghis Khan to the ghost of his grandfather to his parents may voyages into alternative medicine and essoteric practices this book is so multi-layered and interesting that there is no way it could have been created in any other medium.


Highest recommendation!

Also:
My brother pointed out to me yesterday that the house I lived in my final year of college is for for sale.

I'm not sure who would pay over $200,000 for it. But, go Power House!

No comments: