Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Mutants, Robots and Vampires

Really, that's pretty much the only three things that are important in the world, right? Lucky for me then, that I've gotten a dose of each of them in the last 24 hours. To summarize:

Mutants: There is a new trailer for X-men 3 on line. I still hold some serious resevations that this will be the first X-movie to fumble the ball, but really, this trailer looks very cool. See for yourself.

Robots: I beleive someone forwarded this link to me a while ago, but I finally just had a chance to look at it a bit. Being Wired, they attempt to juggle real-world robots with their Hollywood brethern, with mixed results. Most notably, the robot who claims the #1 spot is a big "wha?!" But, anytime someone makes a list of robots, its got to be a good thing, right? Engage.

Vampires: Really, vampires are fun. But, unfortunately, the Goth scene has generally cornered the market on them; and proceeded to wrap them in leather and fetish gear. So, it comes as a breath of fresh air to see them given a distinctly Russian spin in Night Watch. I mentioned this movie back in July when I first stumbled across the trailer. But, my brother and I finally got to see it last night. And, I'm happy to say that, while American hunters have become third rate Matrix rejects, Russian vampire hunters are still fighting the good fight by getting loaded on vodka and blood concoctions, strumbling around the streets of Moscow and regularly getting their ass handed to them by the undead. A little incoherent at times, but coherency is overrated sometimes. Trailer.

No comments: