Monday, June 05, 2006

I. I've Got. I've got World Cup Fever.

(Please sing the headline as it appears on Air Maimi's tribute to the the 2002 World Cup: "World Cup Fever")

Anyhow, that's my excuse for not having neglected General Admissions for so long, and I'm sticking to it.

Since, next year, my wife and I are taking a Round the World Trip, I figured it would be in my best interest to take an interest in what interests the rest of the World... the World Cup! (That sentence was officailly fun to write.) So, for the last month or so, I've been attempting to immerse myself in all things Soccer* related; an activity that has been fun for me, but I'm sure is pretty obnoxious for those who have to deal with me on a day to day basis.

To catch World Cup Fever yourself, I recommend starting here: FIFA World Cup official site | Time and Channels to watch games in the US

Beyond that, I've also been designing a card game which simulates two or more feuding, turn-of-the-century, English families attempting to out do each other socially and economically. You try to move into the nicest mansion, have the nicest car, woo rival family members into your household and not pick up a snuff habit. Which, I suppose, is probably pretty close to reality for some people.


Babies... dogs... and cars... a bad idea.

Honestly, I don't know that much about the time period in question. But, I found myself digging through old stock photography websites and thinking "I really like old photos." So, of course, the obvious thing to do is make a card game with them, right? Oh well, I'm having fun!

Beyond that, Because (from the Tater Board) pointed out these amazing Amnesty International billboards. As she said, "wonder why they are only in Europe?"



* Yes, I know they call it Football in Europe. So, all of you who feel compelled to point this out to me can sleep easy now.

No comments: