Sunday, October 12, 2008

Well, no more need for this site...

Well, I might as well go ahead, throw in the towel and close up shop on this blog. "Why?" You ask. Because, I found another site that does want I always secretly intended this site to do... but better.

Way back in the day, when I first fired up Ye Ole General Admission, I had planned on making it a place where I could post information and links on everything that I think is awesome in the world. Well, fast forward several years, and what do I stumble upon? A site dedicated to awesome things.

Or, specifically... 1000 Awesome Things.

Each day, the author of 1000 Awesome Things offers up his thoughts on a different awesome thing. So far, he's only done about 80 entries, but those entries range from Real Beard Santas to Opening and Sniffing a Pack of Tennis Ball and from Your Pillow to Old, Dangerous Playground Equipment. If you can't find at least one thing on the list that you think is awesome. Then, you might have to reevaluate your definition of the word.

And, to the writers credit, he doesn't just list things he thinks are awesome, but instead each entry is a miniature study of that thing, and why it is awesome. It's some clever writing, and it makes the site worth revisiting.

Awesome. (Or, as I say here, Awarsome.)

No comments: