Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Landon Airlines

I have a confession to make.

As those of you living the Pacific Northwest no doubt know, the tail-fin of Alaska Airlines' planes are adorned with a two tone image of a "smiling Eskimo". Well, when I was little, I was convinced that it was a picture of Little House on the Prairie star Michael Landon.



I mean, even looking at it today, its a pretty honest mistake. Especially when you compare Landon's admirable mane to the fur-lining of a traditional Inuit hood. Plus, at the time, Landon was starring as an angel in Highway to Heaven, so it only made sense in my young mind that his image should be flying through the clouds.

Anyhow, just thought I'd share. Keep flying high, Charles Ingalls.

14 comments:

Tom said...

I also thought this was Michael Landon when I was a kid. I didn't find out the truth until I was probably 20. My wife still makes fun of me about the time I innocently asked "Why do you think Alaska Airlines would put Michael Landon on their planes?"

The General said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one, Tom! Thanks!

林聿希林聿希林聿希 said...

每日都有新日光,每日都有新希望。..................................................

李v吳俊其彥柏 said...

一個人的價值,應該看他貢獻了什麼,而不是他取得了什麼....................................................

恩宛玲如 said...

Lets cross the bridge when we come to it............................................................

家唐銘 said...

回應是最大的支持^^y~~~甘吧嗲............................................................

淑梁梁梁娟 said...

很棒的分享~祝福你............................................................

玉韓韓韓婷韓韓韓韓 said...

肯定與支持你!!!加油囉~..................................................

翊翊翊翊張瑜翊翊翊 said...

良好的開端,已是成功的一半。..................................................

文滢 said...

感謝分享 功德無量............................................................

怡靜怡靜怡靜怡雯 said...

看到好文章心情就很好 ^^..................................................................

洪勳劉耀德劉耀德華 said...

獨居時,要反省自己的過錯;在社會大眾之間,則要忘卻別人的過失。..................................................

王辛江淑萍康 said...

與人相處不妨多用眼睛說話,多用嘴巴思考,............................................................

fugeelama said...

You are definitely not the only one!!! I've been thinking this for years (much to the chagrin of my girlfriend) and living near the flight path of an airport has only made it worse.