Sunday, August 20, 2006

Injections and Plane Tickets...

I just realized its been ages since I've posted anything here. But, that's not to say that Sarah and I haven't been plugging along on planning our trip. As I type this we are actually in the middle of getting all our immunizations taken care of.

I actually got five immunizations on Tuesday: Hep A, Rabies, Yellow Fever, Polio and Tetenus. The actually shots were surprisingly pain free (I think I've finally beat my phobia of needles), but I spent the next couple days feeling like I'd aged about 20 years, and like a boxer had gone a couple rounds with my shoulders.

Also, all this week, I've been taking my Typhoid immunization pills. Which is fun because I get to wake up in the mornig and go "crap! Gotta take my typhoid!"

Well, at least the idea amuses me.

I go back to the doctor on Tuesday for another shot or two. With the final shot a week after that. Then that's it! I'm invincible!

Sarah's on a different health care plan, so her routine is a little different, but she's currently getting all her vaccinations taken care of too.

Also, we are in the process of arranging our tickets. We've decided to work with Nick Kontis at CircleThePlanet.com. Nick's originally from Greece, but operates his Round the World Ticket service out of San Fransisco. Sarah met him while she was down there visiting her brother. While our tickets are going to be expensive regardless, he seems like he can help keep the price down a little, and his emails amuse us to no end.

Speaking of our itinerary, here's the current plan:

Feb 14, 2007 - Leave Seattle, WA
Feb 15 - Arrive in Lima, Peru
Overland from Lima to Santiago
March 17 - Fly to Easter Island from Santiago, Chile
March 20 - Return to Santiago, Chile
March 21- Fly to Aukland, New Zealand
Overland from Aukland to Christchurch
April 20 - Fly to Horbart, Tasmania, via Melborne, Australia
April 29 - Fly from Hobart, NZ to Bangkok, Thailand
May 29 - Fly from Bangkok, Thailand to Delhi, India
June 28 - Fly from India to Johannesburg, South Africa
Overland from Johannesburg to Cape Town.
July 12 - Fly from Cape Town, South Africa to Nairobi, Kenya
July 28 - Fly from Nairobi, Kenya to Cairo, Egypt
August 11 - Fly from Cairo, Egypt to Istanbul, Turkey
Overland from Istanbul to Zagreb, Croatia
Sept 8 - Fly from Zagreb to Seattle, WA

It sounds like a lot, but we're hoping it will be do able. Whee!

No comments: