Thursday, November 02, 2006

NEW COMIC: 11.01.06 (and Al Gore)

So, last week, when I mentioned that I had all sort of neat stuff to ramble about, the main thing I was going to mention was that -thanks to my friend, Ben- my wife and I were able to go and see Al Gore speak. He was mainly giving his Inconvenient Truth lecture and slide show, which was really fascinating since I haven't had a chance to see the movie yet. Anyhow, it got all my liberal, environmentalist tendencies fired up; and just made me sad to think of how much better things could be now, if only the election had gone different back in 2000.

Oh well, it's midterm election time now, and I just dropped my ballot in the mail this morning! So, maybe this is a turning point of some kind.

Anyhow, on to the comic review... which I'm sure is the reason you are all reading this, right? ...right?

Uncanny X-men #480 - So, this was the second Vulcan-centric issue since Brubaker took over writing duties. Apparently, every four issues will focus on Vulcan and also be illustrated by a guest penciler (in this case Clayton Henry), as a way to break up the story, and give Billy Tan a chance to give his drawing hand a rest.

Really, it's not a bad idea overall. Since Vulcan is the "big-bad" in this year long storyline, it's a good idea to flesh him out since he's been pretty two dimensional so far. And, as far as that goes, this issue is a lot more successful than the frist Vulcan issue, which just seemed stretched thin and padded out. That said, I still can't help but feel that these issues aren't quite as good as the rest of the series. But still, not a bad little comic.

No comments: