Friday, February 27, 2009

That Album Meme

This album cover meme has been kicking around on Facebook for the last week or so where you follow a series of links (see below) to "randomly" generate an album cover. And, since I needed a little Design warm up this moring, I thought I'd give it a try. My result:


I think this meme is sort of interesting because A) It's a little more creative and visual than some of them. And, B) I think it's entertaining that, as we all move to digital music files with no attached album covers, something like this appears. Maybe we are missing album jackets and record art more than we care to admit.

But, enough of me trying to pretend I'm high-minded, give it a try yourself (if you haven't already).

Original Meme...
CREATE YOUR BAND NAME & ALBUM COVER:

To Do This

1 - Go to Wikipedia. Hit “random”
or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first random Wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2 - Go to Quotations Page and select "random quotations"
or click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four or five words of the very last quote on the page is the title of your first album.

3 - Go to Flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”
or click http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days
Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

4 - Use Photoshop or similar to put it all together.

5 - Post it to FB with this text in the "caption" or "comment" and TAG the friends you want to join in.

No comments: