Friday, January 22, 2010

Link-O-Rama: 1/22/10

A run down of the sites and videos that have caught my attention in the last week or so:

This pretty much blows my mind into little tiny pieces. I enjoy CGI work, when its done well. But, usually, I think it tends to lack the... er... poetry of actual good cinematography. Not the case here. This piece is pretty much just atmospheric locations, but the subtle focus details and the richness of detail is incredible. All-CGI, and created by just one person...

The Third & The Seventh from Alex Roman on Vimeo.



The 5 year old in me really wishes I had $28.8 million. That way, I could buy my own space shuttle. These are apparently bargin basement prices, since NASA just lowered them from the original $42 million they were asking.

I'm really loving this map of Seattle with all the neighborhoods broken out into seperate typocgraphical treatments. Where do I live? Pretty much at the "H" on Beacon Hill.

From Orkposters.com.

No comments: