Thursday, April 13, 2006

Why haven't I mentioned this before?

I was over at James Jean's website, looking at some of his new wonderful illustrations, when it struck me: I've never rambled incoherently about his work on my blog!

And, really, that's a travesty.



James Jean is literally, my Favorite Illustrator in the Whole World™. From his sense of layout and design, to his color usage and the subject matter he chooses... everything he does makes me drooly and think "why can't I draw like that?"

Just eerie, beautiful, sexy stuff.

I first noticed his work when he started doing covers for Fables and have watched him tackle covers for a number of comic book titles. In addition, he's done a wide variety of illustrations for magazines and other commercial pieces. But, the work he produces inevitably rises above its commercial nature.

Anyhow, I'm gibbering now. So instead of reading this just go back up to the link at the top of this blog to take a look at the rest of his portfolio... In fact, I'll make it easy for you, just click here.

Enjoy!

No comments: