Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Samba Do Astronauta

This morning, I walked into work feeling fairly upbeat and optimistic about the day. And, when I logged into Rhapsody, I noticed that they were featuring a live album by Sergio Mendes, In Person At El Matador, so I figured that would be a good way to start off the day.



I think that my increased appreciation for Bossa Nova and similar styles ranging from Martin Denny to Esquivel is a sign that I'm getting old. And not because I like them for some kitsch value (I mean, what college student doesn't have at least one album by one of these artists that he can't pull out for a cocktail party), but because I just enjoy them. Period.

I'm also not claiming to be an expert in Bossa Nova, or Exotica, or Lounge. Heck, I don't even think I own an CDs in any of those genres. But still, when you've had a morning where you've "walked into work feeling fairly upbeat and optimistic about the day" there's nothing better to listen to... Either while you work, or while you avoid work by writing another entry for your Blog.

Sergio Mendes' "In Person At El Matador"

Or, if you need something with a little more bump, I recommend "Timeless", Sergio Mendes' songs remixed by various hip hop acts. It ends up being a little bit on the Starbucks side, but is still fun overall.

No comments: