Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Mapping Everything You Think

Earlier today, a coworker forwarded me a link to a document he found discussing a method of Making a Complete map of Everything You Think. I haven't had a chance to read more than the tiniest bit of it, but the concept is really one that facinates me these days. I think that with the growth of sites like Yelp and Shelfair there is this increased movement to convey and reorganize ideas and social groups into new and meaningful manners. And I like the idea of basically doing it to your own brain.

In addition, I've been keeping an old Roaring Spring composition book as my "day-planner" for the last couple years. But, against my better efforts its basically turned into the literary equivalent of a Dollar Store. So, I'm interested in anything that might turn it into something interesting and useful again.

Finally, when I leave on my trip in several months, I'm keen to keep some form of journal. But, I don't want it to be a dairy or just another blog. So, hopefully this might give me some ideas to better record my trip to revisit in the future. Something novel, without being a novel.

No comments: